… in which we celebrate the music of one Billy Smith as he prepares to begin his new adventures in the big bad Big Apple. We’ll hear from just about every group he’s played in during his KC career, from Dirtnap to Olympic Size, and ask him a few questions, and let him say pretty much whatever he wants to say.
This is WCPSIII Radio – signing on.
Roman Numerals – My Life After Death, pt. 1
Joy Division – Day of the Lords
Roman Numerals – Can We Trust Your Architect
Season To Risk – Spasser
Dirtnap – Platonic Plague
Thee Water MoccaSins – Diablo Diablo
Olympic Size – WWMYWA
Roman Numerals – My Life After Death, pt. 2
A few photos of the interview, courtesy the camera eye of Chris Haghirian:
As always, there are about a jillion things to do in the coming week, and Concert Chris has compiled a list of a goodly portion of them for your review:
Tuesday, October 11
- Chuck Dukowski 6/Shrine/Droid Motor at The Riot Room
- Neon Indian/Com Truise/Purity Ring at Record Bar
- Odd Future at Granada
Wednesday, October 12
- Explosions in the Sky/Wye Oak at The Uptown
- Slimm Spins Cheap Thrills! w/ The Rumblejetts at Czar Bar
Thursday, October 13
- Buddy Guy at Knuckleheads
- David Hasselhoff on Acid/At The Left Hand of God/The Pass Times/33rd Degree at Record Bar
- Larry and His Flask/Lionize/Deen-O & The Eskimo Bros/Adam Lee & The Dead Horse Sound Co. at The Riot Room
- Taylor Maxwell & Mike Murray/Tim York/Jared Tomasino (Everyday/Everynight) at Czar Bar
- The Pains of being Pure at Heart/Twin Sister at The Bottleneck
- The Will Nots/Hospital Ships/Nezbeat at Jackpot
Friday, October 14
- Benyaro/Tinhorn Molly/Tyler Gregory/The Blackbird Revue at Czar Bar
- Brett Dennen/Blind Pilot at Beaumont
- Cant/Mirror Mirror/Blood Orange at The Bottleneck
- Capybara/Believers at The Riot Room
- Daryle Singletary/Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison at Knuckleheads
- David George Band/Vi Tran Band/Vehicles/The Empty Spaces at Record Bar
- free early show People Depot at Record Bar
- Roger Daltrey and ‘Tommy’ at Midland
- Tarkus Attacks/Steady States/… The Electric Lungs at The Brick
- Tantrum Improv w/special guest *Michael Byars* at Westport Coffee House
Saturday, October 15
- early show Waterdeep/Sara Swenson at Record Bar
- late show A Night of Sweet Relief benefit: Fullbloods/Goldendboy/The Future Kings at Record Bar
- Maps For Travelers/Seven Mile Drive/Aren’t We All Dead/Snake Eater at The Riot Room
- Paul Freeman/Kris Lager/Cadillac Flambe at Daveys
- Soft Reeds/Minden/Motorboater at The Brick
- The Beautiful Bodies at LiveSTRONG Park after the Sporting KC game
- The Black Angels/Dead Meadow/Spindrift at The Bottleneck
Sunday, October 16
- Pierced Arrows/Don’t (ex- Wipers)/Spooklights/Up The Academy/The Baby Boomers at Jackpot Saloon
And now here’s something we hope you’ll really like: Kraftwerk, circa 1970.
(cheers to WCPSIII for the linkage)
Support local music!
Support local musicians!
Support local music venues!
Thanks for listening and looking.