… in which Chris and Michael take a little time off for the holidays, so for your edification we present the show that started it all: airdate May 31st, 2008.
The Black Angels – You on the Run
Supergrass – Diamond Hoo Ha Man
Birds of Avalon – Measure of the Same
The Raconteurs – You Don’t Understand Me
Baterz – Target’s Air Conditioner
Sigur Ros – Vaka
The Cinematic Orchestra – Familiar Ground
The Raconteurs – Rich Kid Blues
Chris put together a three-part look back at the year that was in the world of music – here are his insights and commentary on some of the sounds and events that made 2011 such a great year for music lovers all over the KC/Lawrence area:
After an unbelievably chaotic final few months of 2011, the local scene picks itself up and starts out 2012 – maybe a bit slowly, as if nursing a massive hangover, but still with plenty of options to choose from:
Monday, January 2
- Mercury Mad/Apocalypse Theater at Davey’s
Wednesday, January 4
- SSION/Shock Diamond at recordBar
Thursday, January 5
- Claire & The Crowded Stage/Whiskey of the Damned/Mikal Shapiro at recordBar
- Spencer Ward/Bekah Zachritz/Vi Tran at The Bottleneck
Friday, January 6
- The Dropsteppers/The New Riddim/Z.A.P. at The Riot Room
- The Goodfoot at Knuckleheads
Saturday, January 7
- O Giant Man/Sewer Rats/Gentleman Savage/Fullbloods at recordBar
- Rage Against the Machine Tribute/Collapse at Beaumont Club
- The Killian Family/Appropriate Grammar/Bombs Over Broadway/Brokenmast at The Riot Room
Sunday, January 8
- The People’s Liberation Big Band at recordBar
Here’s to bigger and better things for one and all in the new year – and, as always, thanks for listening!
Support local music!
Support local musicians!
Support local music venues!
Thanks for listening and looking.
Follow The Mailbox on Twitter and Facebook!