… in which our intrepid heroes, Chris Haghirian and Michael Byars, share tales from the SXSW Music Conference along with new music from two of the artists who made magic at the MidCoast Takeover. We’ll also take another listen to music headed our way at the upcoming Middle of the Map festival, and a well-deserved tribute gets a well-deserved tribute.
Here are a few photos from Michael’s SXSW experience – wish you coulda been there to enjoy as well:
If you’d like to see the entire album, you can check it out **HERE!**
No edition of The Mailbox would be complete without this gentle reminder …
March is going out with some good sounds for your going-out pleasure – please support your local music venues as well as your local musicians:
Tuesday, March 27
- The Underscore Orkestra/Flannigan’s Right Hook at Beaumont
- This Must Be the Band at Granada
- The Quivers/Sonic Angels at recordBar
Wednesday, March 28
- Experience Hendrix Tribute Tour at The Midland
- Paul Thorn & Ruthie Foster / Soul Salvation Tour at Knuckleheads
Thursday, March 29
- Gregg Todt/John Ferguson at Sidecar at Beaumont
- Milagres/1,2,3 at The Riot Room
- Yonder Mountain String Band at Liberty Hall
- Adam Carollo at Uptown
- Mike Borgia and The Problems/The Chaotic Goods at Davey’s
- Seun Kuti & Egypt 80/Hearts of Darkness/Sunu/DJ Stiga/Kimbarely Legal at Granada
- Star Haven Rounders/Ruddy Swain at The Brick
- The Goodfoot at Knuckleheads
- Bobby Watson with the Kansas City Jazz Orchestra at Unity on the Plaza
- 3pm show: Middle of the Map Fest pre-show: Deco Auto/Molly Picture Club at Vinyl Renaissance on 39th St.
- Hearts of Darkness/Making Movies (2 shows 6pm ALL ages, 9pm 21+) at recordBar
- Mike Doughty The Book of Drugs: Reading, Concert, Q&A at Knuckleheads
- Con Funk Shun/Slave/Dazz Band/Bar-Kays at The Midland
Support local music!
Support local musicians!
Support local music venues!
And PLEASE SUPPORT THE MIDWEST MUSIC FOUNDATION!
Thanks for listening and looking.
Follow The Mailbox on Twitter and Facebook!