… in which we take a walk on the unplugged side with acoustic sounds from music legends and legends-in-the-making from both sides of “the pond”, and Ink Magazine’s Chris Haghirian provides the concert info in written and sonic form. Because the music is mostly on the stripped-down side, the page is reflecting that attitude this week.
George Harrison – My Sweet Lord
Carole King – Pleasant Valley Sunday
The Latenight Callers – The Tease
Ha Ha Tonka – Lonely Fortunes
Two Gallants – Despite What You’ve Been Told
Tennis – Origins
Scattered Few – Fields of Sleep
April is ending with a flourish in the music-to-go-see department:
Monday, April 23
- Bastard Suns/2 twenty 2/The Faded Age/The Rackatees at The Bottleneck
- Tiny Horse/Matt Woods/Micheal Dean Damron/Adam Lee at recordBar
Tuesday, April 24
- Disciples Organ Concert in Helzberg Hall at KPAC
- Evanescence/Weaving The Fate at The Midland
- Snow Patrol – Sold Out/Ed Sheeran at The Beaumont Club
Wednesday, April 25
- The Life & Times/Major Games at Replay
Thursday, April 26
- Electric Guest at Granada
- Glen Campbell at The Uptown
- Knife Crime/Til Willis at recordBar
- Oberhofer/Young Man at Replay
- Samanatha Fish at Knuckleheads
- Filthy 13/Snakebite Orphans at Davey’s
Friday, April 27
- Antennas Up/The HipNecks/Flashbulb Fires at The Riot Room
- Betse Ellis/Loaded Goat/David Burchfield and the Great Stop at Davey’s
- Deco Auto/The Cave Girls/The Quivers at The Brick
- Irv da Phenom/Approach/Rich Brown/Chase Compton/ekneek/Nico Yoch at The Bottleneck
- Ray Wylie Hubbard & Hayes Carll at Knuckleheads
- Spirit is the Spirit/Hefty Second Helping/Everyday/Everynight/Fake Natives at Jackpot
- Talib Kweli at Granada
Saturday, April 28
- John McKenna Band/Sara Swenson and The Pearl Snaps/Blackbird Revue/Dead Voices at recordBar
- Real Estate/The Twerps/Ghosty at The Bottleneck
- Shooter Jennings/Cody Canada and The Departed/Uncle Lucius at Crossroads behind Grinders
- The Smithereens/Dead Sara/A Silent Film/Now Now Sleepyhead at The Midland
Sunday, April 29
- Gipsy Kings at The Midland
- Lumineers/David George and A Crooked Mile at The Riot Room
Support local music!
Support local musicians!
Support local music venues!
And PLEASE SUPPORT THE MIDWEST MUSIC FOUNDATION!
Thanks for listening and looking.
Follow The Mailbox on Twitter and Facebook! And subscribe to us on iTunes!